The objective of the conference is to broaden delegate’s awareness of possible careers outside of the university laboratory, and highlight the professional skills they will need in addition to their technical skills. The conference is brought to you by Cogent Skills.
At this two day event:
- Find out about current job & career opportunities in industry
- Reflect on your career to date and identify skill gaps
- Learn about communicating science and creating Impact
- Get tips on how to write funding applications and business cases
- Find out about the latest science and training opportunities available to you
- Industrial Speakers and Panel members will include speakers from Innovate & KTN
- Meet with non-lab practitioners for 1-2-1 session to discuss your future plans
- Network with your fellow delegates and speakers at the conference dinner
- Overnight accommodation is also included.
What: Free participation, accommodation & meals for 2 days & 1 night
When: 18-19th July 2018
Where: University of York – Derwent College. Hendrix Hall.
Application – Eligible for PhD students, post-doctoral researchers and early stage industry researchers
Application opens: 16 February 2018
Application closes: 16 May 2018
Successful applicants will hear by: 17 May 2018
Complete application form and send to email@example.com